Supported by Stewart's Shops, United Way and Price Chopper's Golub Foundation Are you looking for rides into the Center? Rides are available Monday - Friday to the Center. $2 Saratoga City residents/ $5 non-city residents. Wednesdays there is a complimentary shuttle from area housing sites to the Price Chopper. Call Nicole at 518-584-1621, ext206.
Fresh ProduceThe Senior Center is partnering with the Regional Food Bank so we can provide you with free produce on Tuesdays after 10:30 am. Everyone must check in on the Food Bank button on the computer. Bring your own bags.
Food AssistanceThe Senior Center is partnering with the Elks and local food pantries to get food to you if you can't get to the them. Call Nicole at 518-584-1621, ext206.
Our advocate and social work interns can meet with you, provide information and referral and assist you with any questions or concerns you might have.
A volunteer-driven program that matches seniors in need with volunteers from the community to help them get to the doctor, grocery store, friendly visits household chores and much more. The goal of Community Connections is to help seniors age in place and maintain an independent lifestyle. Click here to learn more!
Groups and Gathering
- GETTING BETTER WITH AGE! "the things wisdom didn't tell me" Sponsored by Herzog Law 11:00-12:00, Thursdays Free Ever asked yourself "Now what?" "What's next?". Come join our new group to find out! Through informative, interactive discussion groups, we will explore coping skills and tools to help with the challenges of aging.
- Reminiscing: Wednesdays from 10-11am Sponsored by Home of the Good Shepherd Meet a new friend & talk about the good ole' days! Chit Chat: Mondays from 1-2pm Join us for a fun hour of chit chat, laughs and snacks.
- "Silver Foxes" Second Thursday of every month at 11:45am Join the Silver Foxes Men's Lunch Group at Skidmore Dining Hall for good food, camaraderie and laughs.
- Music, Memories & Nostalgia: Thursdays from 1-2pm Love music?! Join us for an hour of music that will trigger memories and transport you back in time.
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group Sponsored by Home Helpers 10:30am-12pm, 3rd Thursday of every month Being a caregiver can present exhausting challenges and take a significant toll on your health. Our support group can give you the assistance you need. Free and open to the public.
Are you a senior who needs help? Contact our advocate to find out what resources are available for you. Please call 518-584-1621 ex. 206 or email email@example.com.Volunteer
Interested in volunteering?
Your free hour could change a seniors life. The Community Connections Program trains volunteers to provide assistance to seniors in Saratoga County by providing assistance with:
- Friendly Visiting
- Household Chores
- Shopping & Errands
- and more!