SENIOR CENTER ANNOUNCEMENT!
UPDATE: For information regarding programming email Colleen at email@example.com. For all other inquiries email Tawn at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will direct you to the appropriate staff.
FRIDAY ACTIVITIES/ CANCELED
• Friday March 20, 11:00am: Alzheimer's/Project Lifesaver
• Friday March 27, 9:00- 2:30pm: Brain Health Day
• 9-10am: Vinyasa Yoga with Tristin. $10 month or $5 per class
• 9-11am: Computer Assistance. Free
• 10am-12pm: Clay Arts with artist Betsy Brandt $20 month
• 10:15-11:15am: Zumba Gold with Marcia! $10 month or $5 per class. Free for March. Begins March 21st.
• 11:15am-12:15pm: Magic & the Allied Arts. $10 for the 6 week series. Begins March 21st. (formerly Brain Games) see inside• Stop in, hang out with friends, play pool, ping pong or cards.
• Latin Line Dancing - Date to be determined. 2:15-3:15. $4.00
• Hatha Yoga - Wednesdays, 2:15am - 3:15pm beginning March 4th. $10 month.
• Aerobics - Wednesdays, 3:15-4:00 beginning March 4th. $10 month
• Vinyasa Yoga - Saturdays, 9:00am. $10 month.
• Zumba Gold - Saturdays 10:15am beginning March 21st. Free for March. Then $10 month
• Magic & the Allied Arts - 6 Week Workshop: Saturday 11:15am Mar. 21-Apr. 25. $10 series, (formerly Brain Games). Join Donald Ambrose, of Brain Games, a lifelong teacher and presenter of all things magical. If you can explain a magic trick, you can explain most anything. Bring 2 decks of poker size bicycle cards and one US quarter. Limited Seating.Please sign up. Members only
BEING WELL focusing on getting and staying healthy It will be a spirit, body, mind support group to bring hope to us as we age. Amejo will use guided meditation to raise spiritual wellness energy. And also address looking at letting "food be thy medicine" as well as other lifestyle issues of exercise, stress, sleep, gratitude, and hope.
Tuesday, March 17th, 2:00. Free. Open to the public.
The Wild Irish Acres Step Dancers Directed by Terri Hughes. A return visit from these lively dancers. Irish step dance is a wonderful celebration of the arts and Ireland's unique culture. Refreshments served.
Thursday, March 19, 1:00-2:00pm. Free. Open to the Public. Sponsored by Janney Montgomery Scott
Live Music Direct from IrelandTim O'Shea and Padraig TimonyTim O'Shea is a native of Killarney, Co. Kerry and has traveled worldwide playing and performing. Joining Tim is Dublin native Pádraig Timony on fiddle and guitar. Delicious Irish scones served.
Thurs., March 19, 2-3pm. $3 a person. Stay after the show for some authentic Irish Food.
Presented By Saratoga Co.Sheriff's Office And Alzheimer's AssociationProject Lifesaver is a program to target at risk individuals who are at risk of wandering. Alzheimer's disease is not a normal part of aging. Join us to learn about the impact of Alzheimer's, the difference between Alzheimer's and dementia,
Presented by the Alzheimer's Association The Alzheimer's Association. Memories in the Making® program offers creative art expression for individuals with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early to the middle stages of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Memories in the Making participants create imaginative and colorful watercolor paintings. Open to all individuals with mild dementia
In association with the City of Saratoga, the Senior Center is helping to get seniors counted. The senior population is way undercounted. Low counts affect our funding for numerous, vital services. We will be there to help you fill out the form.
• Tues., March 10, 9-11am Saratoga Senior Center
• Tues., March 17, 1-3pm Kirby Village
• Tues., March 24, 1-3pm Saratoga West
• Tues., March 31, 1-3pm Woodlawn Commons
• Tues., March 31, 2:30-4:30pm Embury Apartments
• Tues., April 7, 11:30-1:30pm Westview Apartments
• Tues., April 14, 2:00 -4:00pm Raymond Watkins
• Tues., April 21, 2:00 -4:00pm Saratoga Senior Center
Sponsored by Saratoga National Bank and Trust Company
Ed Kelley's famous Baked Cod. Sign up at the front desk.
Presented by the Adirondack Flatline Players.
Join your friends and the ADK Flatliners for their ALL-NEW Murder Mystery performance! Enjoy a delicious dinner and try to figure out "WHO DUN IT??!
Featuring Keynote Speaker Elliot Jardin Ph.D, Visiting Associate Professor at Skidmore College, Research Scientist at Conquer Chiari Research Center.
9:00-10:00am Keynote Speaker: Dr. Elliott Jardin will discuss the best ways to improve and maintain brain health with age. The talk will be interdisciplinary with a focus on cognition and neuroscience.
10:15-11:15am Stephanie Crocco, Cognitive Psychology, Visiting Associate Professor at Skidmore College will discuss the science of learning and memory: techniques to improve your life
11:15-1:00pm Lunch and Posters: Undergraduate researchers present current findings in brain health
1:00-2:00pm Abigail Kleinsmith, Cognitive Psychology, University of Albany, will give a talk on emerging research in Cognitive Aging and Music Therapy
2:00-2:15pm Concluding Remarks: Dr. Elliott Jardin
Meals By 5 Points Deli at the Center, $9.50/dinner.
Mar 17th Corned Beef & Cabbage, Boiled Potatoes & Carrots
Mar 24th Roast Turkey w/Homemade Mashed Potatoes & Stuffing w/Gravy, Cranberry Sauce
Mar 31st Lasagna w/Sweet & Hot Sausage, Garlic Bread
Every day at the Senior Center. See the front desk for details. Soup every day while supplies last. Selection from 5 Points Deli on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
A local representative from the Alzheimer's Association of Northeastern New York will be at the Saratoga Senior Center on Fridays from 9am-3pm, to meet with individuals and families who need information, referral and support services. Please schedule an appointment with Katie Keary at 518-867-4999, ext. 1680
or KgKeary@alz.org. Coming in August: "Memories in the Making" is a unique fine arts program for people with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias that offers a creative and non-verbal way of communicating and capturing precious moments through art.
Funded by Lawrence H. Pohl Charitable Fund
We now have corn hole, giant connect 4, hula hoops to go along with ping pong and pool. Ask at the front desk.
Funded by Lawrence H. Pohl Charitable Fund
YAY! You can now roll your weights from the Kilmer Room to the Strength Class